Saturday, December 12, 2009

Surgery

One of my best friends went into surgery yesterday to get plates taken out of her legs. I was so nervous for her at first! But as the day wore on and I had more to do in school, I quickly turned my mind to other subjects. When I got a call from her last night, I ws so glad to hear from her!
She told me that while she was getting her plates out, another girl she had talked to was getting plates in. She also told me about all the little kids who were there for surgery, and it about broke my heart to hear that there were even babies going in for surgery! At least they're young and won't have to do it when they get older, some of them.
She told me that she was conscious for the beginning, but she could only hear voices and nothing else. She couldn't even open her eyes! I was so glad to hear from her, and we talked for about an hour or so to get caught up. I'm probably going over later to check on her and deliver her Christmas present. I can't wait to see her again! She said that the doctors let her keep the metal plates, and maybe she'll show them to me. But most of all, I'm just happy that she'll be back at school on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment